Wholesome Meal of the Week: Beef Enchiladas w/ beans & Spanish rice
Wholesome Leftover Concept: Beef Quesadillas
Here is a meal and leftover thought each sporting a Mexican taste that is positive to deliver your style buds alive. For this instance 97% lean floor beef was used however the great thing about this meal is you’ll be able to actually use any sort of meat you need to change the meat enchiladas into both rooster enchiladas, steak enchiladas, pork enchiladas, and even fish enchiladas when you so select. To be sincere I’ve by no means tried a fish enchilada, and even heard of 1 earlier than, however hey if that is what you’d prefer to attempt go for it!
One other good thing about this meal is you will see that it is comparatively straightforward to load up that baking sheet tray with various enchiladas in order that leftover meals are a breeze and you continue to have the choice to create the meat quesadillas as listed. The selection is completely as much as you. Take pleasure in!
– 3 pots/pans with lids
– oven baking sheet
– 10 minutes
– 50 minutes
– 1-2 kilos 97% fat-free floor beef
– 1 pack corn tortillas (70 energy every)
– 2 cans refried beans
– 1 cup white rice
– 1 can tomato sauce
– 1 can of both purple or inexperienced enchilada sauce
– 1/4 cup yellow corn kernels
– 1/4 cup diced white onion
– 1/4 cup skim or low-fat milk
– shredded low-fat mozzarella and cheddar cheese
– 1 rooster bouillon dice
– 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– optionally available: sliced olives and diced inexperienced chiles
– 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
– 1 tbsp cooking oil
For Beef Quesadillas
– complete wheat flour tortillas
– tapatio sizzling sauce (or most popular sort of salsa)
1. Begin with the bottom beef. Take away from wrapper and place on a skillet and cube up with a spatula. Add 1/4 cup diced white onion, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tsp seasoned salt, and a touch of pepper. Combine nicely, flip range on medium temperature and canopy. Re-stir each 5 minutes for roughly 20 minutes.
2. When meat is completed to your liking, heat enchilada sauce in a pan for about 5 minutes. Get tortillas, each cheeses, and different extras equivalent to sliced olives or diced inexperienced chiles prepared so when sauce is heat, the meeting line can start.
3. In order that the tortillas do not crack when being stuffed/rolled, evenly heat 4-6 at a time within the microwave wrapped in a paper towel for 25 seconds. After, dip one after the other into the sauce on each side after which place straight on the oven baking sheet. You could want to make use of tongs if the sauce is just too sizzling.
4. Add some meat, a teaspoon of every cheese, a teaspoon of sauce, and any extras you’re utilizing and gently roll up. One technique is to try to pile all objects collectively in a line on the left facet of the tortilla in an effort to roll utterly over and tuck in nicely.
5. Line up the ready enchiladas side-by-side so they’re barely touching one another to carry good kind. Use a basting brush to coat tops of the enchiladas with leftover sauce and evenly sprinkle with each cheeses. Place in oven at 350 levels for 12 minutes.
6. For the Spanish rice, add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan and unfold round. On medium warmth add one cup of white rice and stir for about three minutes to “brown”. Add 8 oz can of tomato sauce and blend nicely for 2 minutes. Add 1 3/4 sizzling water, 1/4 cup yellow corn kernels, and 1 dice rooster bouillon. Improve warmth and convey to a boil stirring nicely so bouillon dice dissolves. When water begins to boil, cut back warmth to medium/low, cowl and set timer for 18 minutes stirring solely as soon as midway by.
7. Refried beans simply should be opened and added to a pan on medium warmth together with 1/4 cup of milk and 5-7 squirts of Tapatio sizzling sauce when you favor spicy beans. Cowl and stir often for 10-Quarter-hour.
8. When every thing is completed, serve an applicable portion dimension together with a 0 calorie beverage and revel in. Concerning energy, remember that every enchilada might be round 150-220 energy every relying on the amount/sort of things you positioned inside so do not get carried away. One enchilada with rice and beans might be at about 350 energy.
Wholesome Leftover Concept: Beef Quesadillas
If there may be any meat leftover and also you need to change it up a bit but keep the flavour of a Mexican-style creation, you need to give these beef quesadillas a attempt. You should utilize the corn tortillas, or as on this instance, complete wheat flour tortillas to offer a bigger floor to place a bit extra objects inside.
Merely evenly oil a big skillet (or use non-stick spray) and place one tortilla and activate range to medium warmth. Unfold two tablespoons of beans, then add some cheese, then meat, sizzling sauce like Tapatio, and once more some extra cheese. Cowl with one other tortilla and use a spatula to evenly press the quesadilla down. Permit to cook dinner on both sides for a few minutes utilizing your off-hand to assist preserve quesadilla collectively so objects do not fall out. As soon as both sides is evenly browned and the cheese is melted you’ll be able to take away from warmth, slice in half or quarters and revel in.